Menace
Max Brawn
Points: 9,293, Level: 64 Points: 9,293, Level: 64 Points: 9,293, Level: 64
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

Training Exp: 7
Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Exercise: Probably seated row
Fav Supp: Anabolic Pump
emekajokammor is a lifting beastemekajokammor is a lifting beastemekajokammor is a lifting beastemekajokammor is a lifting beastemekajokammor is a lifting beastemekajokammor is a lifting beastemekajokammor is a lifting beastemekajokammor is a lifting beastemekajokammor is a lifting beastemekajokammor is a lifting beastemekajokammor is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by troy86 View Post
I don't understand bulking. How do I determine how much to eat each day? I keep being told to eat a lot or eat big but I don't know what that means.
The biggest key to bulking is to consume more than you use, creating a caloric surplus at the end of the day.

The very first thing you need to do is calculate your current macros. Those are the details that will help develop a planned approach.

Funny how someone asks "Hey what do i need to do to bulk?" and someone says "Eat alot!" what does that mean? lol!

Eating alot to you might not be enough to gain weight but if you know exactly how much you are eating then you will know exactly how to increase your surplus substantially.

Also, your training should be exact. Train hard, not long. Get in and get some good lifts, maybe about 15min steady state cardio, and home to eat, sleep, and grow.

Lastly, when calculating you caloric intake just add up your macros (protein, carbs, & fats) and use these numbers:

Grams of Protein x 4
Grams of Carbs x 4
Grams of Fats x 9

Each gram of carbs and protein equal 4 calories and each gram of fats equal 9 calories

Hope this helps

btw, i'll be doing a video series for Athletic Xtreme on Bulking and Leaning. I'll be sure to post the link where we getting rolling

www.EmekaOkammor.com

Philippians 4:13
"I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me."

Luke 1:37
"For with God nothing shall be impossible."

Ronnie Coleman Signature Series V.I.P. Athlete

www.thesimplefitness.com
emekajokammor is offline   Reply With Quote