View Single Post
Old 08-30-2012, 10:26 PM   #17
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymax View Post
The Bear? The original called for a top set of 5, then another 5 at 90% of the first weight, then sets of 5 till failure with 80% of your top weight. I prefer the 532 variation and then a fixed weight for 10 sets of 5 with the backoff sets. Not too bad and you can cycle the weights this way.

Never done a deadlift max per se but I can hit a triple with 480. That 435 for 5 was meant to be a decent weight to start a cycle..can probably hit it for 7.
Ah, that rings a bell. I remember a routine that called for 10-25 drop sets with 5 reps until form slips. That sounds like it.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote