View Single Post
Old 08-30-2012, 08:47 PM   #16
jaymax
Uber Brawn
Points: 2,632, Level: 31 Points: 2,632, Level: 31 Points: 2,632, Level: 31
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%

jaymax is a consistent contributorjaymax is a consistent contributorjaymax is a consistent contributorjaymax is a consistent contributorjaymax is a consistent contributorjaymax is a consistent contributorjaymax is a consistent contributorjaymax is a consistent contributorjaymax is a consistent contributorjaymax is a consistent contributorjaymax is a consistent contributor
Default Ugh!

Declines (very slight) 365 x 5x1, 305 x 55543
Rows 285 x 5x1, 240 x 55543
Back Squats 360 x 5x1, 305 x 55543
Laterals 42.5x10, 32.5x10, 22.5x10 (drop sets)
Seated Calves 195 x 30 (miscalc'd the weight and couldn't re-rack it)

Ugh! Kinda felt this coming...was sick last week then on a vacation where I sat around and ate poorly and slept poorly. Just had a bad feeling about this workout and figured on potentially hitting my wall anyway since last week was a PR.

Last single on declines was a grinder which probably led to missing so much on my fives. The rows and squats I held back on largely due to psychology of missing the declines.

Now this was my third week in a row of heavy singles...may try to keep going and see what happens or may do something like 10x3 with 75-80% not sure yet. Also not sure about rotating exercises or not. Part of me thinks I should cycle the weights up and down instead rather than deloading or rotating exercises. Considering alternating full range and partials week-week as a way of creating exercise variation.

Open to thoughts and suggestions as these issues. I may not necessarily follow them but will always welcome suggestions and give them serious thought.
jaymax is offline   Reply With Quote