Viking Warrior
Max Brawn
Points: 9,101, Level: 64 Points: 9,101, Level: 64 Points: 9,101, Level: 64
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

Training Exp: 10 years
Training Type: 5x5
Fav Exercise: Bench Press
Fav Supp: Meat
big valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by repo View Post
i was looking at the strong fit. I've been working out for 2 years solid . I looking to start ground up .I've cut 30 lbs and want to cut 15 more by Nov to be down to 180 i'am 5ft 10in. i would like to maximize my size, and strength at 180 before i bulk if that makes any seance . thank for the help
You know, I might get some flack for this, but I don't know about that approach. I've waffled for several years about when to cut, when to bulk, etc. My current opinion (and I think BendtheBar will back me up on this) is to spend at least two years getting as strong as you can and maximizing your gains. THEN if you want to see what all that hard work has resulted in, go ahead and diet down. Am I recommending you become a fat tub of goo? No way! But it is possible to eat in such a way so as to maximize your training. These 5x5 routines are great routines, because they are linear progressive, meaning that you progress on every lift every week or every session. There are no built in deload periods. Because of that, you'll eventually be putting great stress on your body, and you're going to need all the energy you can get.

Again, I'm not saying "Don't plan on losing another 15 pounds while you're trying to get strong." I don't know you. I don't know your background. I don't know your motivation for wanting to be 180. I'm 5' 10", and 180 doesn't look good on me. I look frail and sickly. I get the sense that you're young yet. If so, I'd urge you to eat sensibly. At least at maintenance level. Maybe ever so slightly under if you feel you need to, but that will cost you down the road on the training front.

Again, I wish you well. Please put up a journal, if you haven't already. I don't have much time to poke around in other people's journals much, but I'll try to look in on yours once in a while.

Cancer Survivor - 7/21/10

Benchmark 5K time: 27:45 (3/5/11)

It's not the weight we move, but the people we move that matters. -- Bearded Beast of Duloc (12/31/10)
big valsalva is offline   Reply With Quote