View Single Post
Old 08-29-2012, 03:15 PM   #22
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

My only real comment is that I've tried a lot of different cutting plans over the years. I've been doing this far too long. No matter what plan I was on, results were still very much about dialing things in.

As bodybuilders say, the more precise the diet, the more precise the results. The calories in/out debate can rage, but I think it misses the point a bit. It might not be about calories in/out, but it certainly is about adjustments, and adjusting calorie intake levels or macro levels will always be a huge part of this equation.

Sometimes dialing things in requires a tight monitoring of calories, and sometimes the goals are looser and require only a general adjustment that doesn't involve micromanaging everything you eat. (eat more, eat healthier, whatever)

My eating plan right now is a good example of a "loose" management of macros and calories. I eat only until satiety, restrict my food intake to only certain types of foods, and make sure I intake a minimum amount of protein. I am not after precise results, aka getting shredded, etc., so the slow and sometimes uneven weight loss I am experiencing is acceptable. If I were after maximum mass retention while also losing maximum fat, I would micromanage things to a much moire precise degree - plan meals, count calories, adjust calories, etc.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

Last edited by BendtheBar; 08-29-2012 at 03:24 PM.
BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote