View Single Post
Old 08-29-2012, 10:51 AM   #15
Tannhauser
Max Brawn
Points: 138,239, Level: 100 Points: 138,239, Level: 100 Points: 138,239, Level: 100
Activity: 28% Activity: 28% Activity: 28%

Training Exp: 30+
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Front squat
Fav Supp: Creatine. C'est tout.
Tannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
My only reason for bringing fasting up is because it seemed from the article that Kiefer had tried several ways of dieting, but was unsatisfied, and made modifications. This leads us right back to the possibility that Kiefer stumbled upon something that worked for him, did research, and reverse engineered it.
It's an interesting one. I wondered if that claim was 90% marketing. You know: 'I used to be a FAT GUY until I ACCIDENTALLY STUMBLED across the FAT-LOSS SECRET that I had SPENT YEARS looking for.'

I have no evidence for that claim, but it's a very common marketing strategy to say that you had tried every diet in the book and nothing worked until MYNEWMETHOD (TM) ($89). That's not precisely what he says, but it's in the same ball-park.

He's a big guy with an impressive physique, but my guess is that he was already pretty good before CBL.

As an aside, he mentions that he's 6% bodyfat in quite a few places on his site. That seems an extravagant claim looking at his pics - I thought 6% was ultra-ripped.

"The proper study of mankind is books" - Aldous Huxley
Tannhauser is offline   Reply With Quote