View Single Post
Old 08-29-2012, 10:37 AM   #14
Tannhauser
Max Brawn
Points: 138,239, Level: 100 Points: 138,239, Level: 100 Points: 138,239, Level: 100
Activity: 28% Activity: 28% Activity: 28%

Training Exp: 30+
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Front squat
Fav Supp: Creatine. C'est tout.
Tannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventySeven View Post
I am not a fan of Lyle, i have never bothered to look into his methods with the way he conducts himself and the fact that he doesnt even lift(John does) has made me always overlook him. I am all about guys who wake it to the trenches, throw all the science you want at it, i am about the blood and sweat put forth to prove the science.
OK, but:

1) He did compete as a powerlifter.

2) What does 'he doesn't lift' mean? Presumably he does the lifting that's appropriate for his sport.

3) He's competed at a higher level in his chosen sports than most people throwing advice around on the internet. I think you're perhaps dismissing the blood and sweat that goes into training for events other than bodybuilding/powerlifting? 26K mile skating events don't sound too easy to me.

"The proper study of mankind is books" - Aldous Huxley
Tannhauser is online now   Reply With Quote