Fazc
Max Brawn
Points: 14,403, Level: 77 Points: 14,403, Level: 77 Points: 14,403, Level: 77
Activity: 36% Activity: 36% Activity: 36%

Training Exp: 12+ years
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Bench Press
Fav Supp: Chicken
Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!

I think there's two quite distinct debates here:

1) The 'bandwagon' effect of I.F and/or Leangains.

2) The actual usefulness of I.F as a means to eat.

In regards to the first one, I've talked about that here and here and also Btb referred to it here. I don't think that's a fight which is necessarily even worth fighting. People of that mind-set are going to obsessively side with something, whether that's a training regimen, a diet regimen, religion or science. There's nothing to be gained from talking or listening to people like that.

In regards to the second one it's an open book. I will point out here though that muscle loss, especially while losing a large portion of weight, is almost inevitable whatever diet strategy is employed and in the final estimation it is how you respond that matters most.

At the end of it all, results are what matters. However I strongly feel that for us to remain objective and open minded on this form there needs to be a separation from I.F for what it is, and I.F for what these obsessive goobers make it out to be. If we can't do that, then we run the risk of being just as close minded and unwilling to learn as they are. If we can maintain an open mind then that's how we learn and everyone benefits.

Besides it wasn't long ago that people thought frequent squats would lead to overtraining.
Fazc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links