View Single Post
Old 08-23-2012, 01:41 PM   #25
Tannhauser
Max Brawn
Points: 138,239, Level: 100 Points: 138,239, Level: 100 Points: 138,239, Level: 100
Activity: 28% Activity: 28% Activity: 28%

Training Exp: 30+
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Front squat
Fav Supp: Creatine. C'est tout.
Tannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
I do think that's a big part of it. Another huge part of this equation, as we have seen with Mike Mentzer, is having a ringleader who is extremely logical, passionate and persuasive.

These types of comments against frequent feeding, which I receive with a high frequency, are always vitriolic and for the most part cookie-cutter in nature. I know this is bound to offend some of those in the intermittent fasting camp, but I am trying to be honest without sounding condescending - the comments sound like typical parroted responses, the kind you see on a forum that has a strong leader, where dissension of opinion is often smacked down with the supreme standard.

Every forum has that to a degree, but at the end of the day I think most of us tend to look at training and diet as more of a gray area, rather than black or white like Mike Mentzer.

My impression is that most of these individuals are being equipped at Leangains.com. I certainly hate to paint Martin Berkham as another Mike Mentzer, but if people are going to start turning things into black and white while ignoring the fact that most lifters are not using intermittent fasting and they are not suffering from it, I think many people will make that type of conclusion.

The intermittent fasting attackers are very much like HIT proponents. They do not see things as gray. They stand 100% against frequent feeding.

Perhaps the science is on their side. Perhaps bodybuilders can thrive on only 1-2 meals per day, or 3-4 meals per day instead of 5-8. I certainly am not against intermittent fasting as a possible option. It's just that every bodybuilder in the past 30+ years, natural and not natural, has been successful without intermittent fasting. They might eat every 4 hours, or 5 hours, or 2-3 hours, but they are not using intermittent fasting.

This tells me the issue is not black or white.

I still think progressive, consistent training is a bigger factor.

There are a lot of guys losing fat with intermittent fasting. There are a lot of guys with a nice amount of muscle using intermittent fasting. Have I seen any naturals use intermittent fasting and really pack on 25-30 pounds of quality muscle mass is 3 years like the following young lifters I have done transformation stories on? No. Not yet. Perhaps we will soon.
The more I think about this post, the more I agree with it.

"The proper study of mankind is books" - Aldous Huxley
Tannhauser is offline   Reply With Quote