View Single Post
Old 08-22-2012, 02:34 PM   #714
jaymax
Uber Brawn
Points: 2,632, Level: 31 Points: 2,632, Level: 31 Points: 2,632, Level: 31
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%

jaymax is a consistent contributorjaymax is a consistent contributorjaymax is a consistent contributorjaymax is a consistent contributorjaymax is a consistent contributorjaymax is a consistent contributorjaymax is a consistent contributorjaymax is a consistent contributorjaymax is a consistent contributorjaymax is a consistent contributorjaymax is a consistent contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazc View Post
Jay, I think you're projecting WSB to me. I'm not suggesting you do WSB or that you concentrate on lockout strength and equipped lifting.

I do think, and I reiterate, when gains started to dry up for me. I should have lowered the intensity and concentrate on some assistance. I had greased the groove for 5-6 years and there was very little else to be gained from that approach for me, at the time.

I think you really need to analyse your own lifts and see what needs improving. The biggest improvement for me recently has been form as well as correcting some weaknesses.
Faz, I didn't really man it to sound like it came out. I was really just relating my current approach to what you are doing now while thinking out loud. And I think you are right about the weakness/assistance thing which is why I'm incorporating inclines into my routine. I'm weak as hell on them and it feels like all shoulder and tricep with the form I use, which clearly is a weak point for me or I'd be able to move more weight on them.
jaymax is offline   Reply With Quote