View Single Post
Old 08-21-2012, 03:52 PM   #152
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
145x6 - New PR, this felt great. Solid reps, last one was a bit of a grind but went up fairly even.
Way to smash it.

Quote:
Question for you gents, is it a good idea to use a 25 rep goal for assistance work? I've noticed it in a few logs but wasn't sure if it was a style that I can use for all assistance work or just a couple of lifts?
I think so yes. Some lifts have unique demands and feel better in higher or lower rep ranges. For assistance work you can certainly go up to 25, or even 30 for some lifts like dumbbell rows were reps are brutally fun.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote