View Single Post
Old 08-18-2012, 09:15 AM   #12
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Off Road View Post
Isn't that the opposite of what we've been taught for strength training; using a quick lift to activate the CNS before heavy lifts?
Yes, I was going to note that I believe Louie teaches explosive first with regards to DE work. I know we just a conversation like this recently somewhere on the board.

Louie trains a lot of athletes so I would be interested to hear if explosive first applies beyond the DE strength work realm, or not.

I also know one of the big strength coaches (maybe Starr?) taught explosively pulling first in routines. Might not be Starr.

In any case, interesting topic.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote