Rich Knapp
Wheelchair Pro
Max Brawn
Points: 27,020, Level: 97 Points: 27,020, Level: 97 Points: 27,020, Level: 97
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

Training Exp: > 13 years
Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Supp: AAEFX's whole line.
Rich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
I thought perhaps you and other bodybuilders might chime in and guide then, providing some insight as to why 6-8% is not feasable.

This has nothing to do with powerlifting.

Poundstone was merely a physique example. In addition, he's not a powerlifter.

This is indeed a question that belongs in the bodybuilding forum since it is about physique shaping.
I know Poundstone isn't a P/L, but he is also around 30% fat here and is a bad example for this reason.

The more muscle, in which no one will argue Poundstone has a mass of. The more fat you can carry and to people look ripped because of the muscle mass.

Sorry, I forgot the bodybuilding area covers everyone.

As far as the 6-8% thing. For this reason above I never ever use B/F % with new people. 95% of people under esimate B/F. Its human nature to feel good so people always take a lower number. Pitch test? OK as rule of thumb but still way off. Readings are much lower than real %.

Theres no way a street walker or gym rat bodybuilder can safely hit or even maintain 6 -8% safely. Not bashing just fact.

Staying lean and build? Thats a delicate prosess even for the most dedicated to there nutrition Pro bodybuilders.

A safe and good range if you want a % to build? It will be slow but you can build, would be the 10 - 30 range. Seeing your abbs will depend on the muscle mass you have.

The more mass you have the more fat you can carry and still see your Abb's.
So you want to see your Abb's and build faster, get at it now hard and loose them for 6 - 12 months, then cut till you can see them then hit it again.
The 6-12 months with out them will let you build a little faster then seeing them right away and trying to build.

So if you just starting out and think 6 - 8% range and make great gains or even maintain year round healthy and keep your strength. If you just blow this off your only looking at getting lean and not your muscles strength or heath. Call Jenny Creig or Richard Simonds. They can get you there.

This is 10%. relaxed and flexed. Shirt off at beach, can Bb press 250lbs. at 6'2" and 170lbs. , slow size gains, big fast lift gains, but also under my (a top pro in my class) guidance on and off for 1 year.
Attached Images

Rich Knapp is offline   Reply With Quote