View Single Post
Old 08-17-2012, 09:29 AM   #23
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Knapp View Post
How did this thread go from a bodybuilders keeping stage condition all year to a power lifters condition and people being called fat?
Because it was aimed at the kids who want to stay lean all year round that I have to answer questions from on a daily basis, who think 15% bodyfat is fat, and that staying ripped year round is feasible. I thought perhaps you and other bodybuilders might chime in and guide then, providing some insight as to why 6-8% is not feasable.

Quote:
If power lifters want to justify there body weight, I feel it should be in the powerlifting mini forum not the bodybuilding mini forum.
Not sure what you're talking about here, to be honest. No one's justifying anything. Please re-read the thread.

Each day I have to answer upwards of 75 questions from young lifters, and a good portion of them want to be ripped year round. This was directed to them, and has nothing to do with "justifying being fat". It's about the myriad of kids who think 6-8% year round is feasible.

These kids also consider Poundstone to be fat. This is a direct quote from another forum. They are believing in false standards, and promoting them.

Quote:
I feel it should be in the powerlifting mini forum not the bodybuilding mini forum.
This has nothing to do with powerlifting.

Poundstone was merely a physique example. In addition, he's not a powerlifter.

This is indeed a question that belongs in the bodybuilding forum since it is about physique shaping.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

Last edited by BendtheBar; 08-17-2012 at 09:34 AM.
BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote