Hulk Smash!
Max Brawn
Points: 3,912, Level: 39 Points: 3,912, Level: 39 Points: 3,912, Level: 39
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: FOOD, nom nom
Shorts is a lifting machineShorts is a lifting machineShorts is a lifting machineShorts is a lifting machineShorts is a lifting machineShorts is a lifting machineShorts is a lifting machineShorts is a lifting machineShorts is a lifting machineShorts is a lifting machineShorts is a lifting machine

Everyone is in the race to bigger, faster, and/or stronger these days. That's not to say that I don't fele the same way, as I do. But most people are pushing their envelope EVERY SINGLE DAY, and it just isn't possible to maintain such a pace. It is also important that these days, so many people are focused on what everyone else things, or where they stand compared to some other person, that they lose sight of what their own body is capable of.

I think that with the advancements of equipment in sports (lighter, but supposedly just as strong) you are seeing reduction in actual padding and athletes aren't used to it, so what may have been protected before might not be there now and it is leading to an injury.

Areas that often haven't been an issue before (i.e. rotator cuff) are starting to come about more often because as you push the limits of your body, the areas that aren't used to that stress constantly can't handle it.

The thing is, people will adapt, and I don't think you will see a slowing of progression. Though, I think that might be what is needed, or at least a plateau before moving on to the next "best" thing.

Class I Total @ 198: 525/335/600 (1460)

"No citizen has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training.... What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable."
-Socrates
Shorts is offline   Reply With Quote