View Single Post
Old 08-15-2012, 10:57 AM   #7
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davis View Post
but I doubt it should cause such a dramatic loss in power.
About 3 times in my life I have experienced a one-off drop in squat weight. This was usually after absolute max attempts where I tried to squat again in a few days. My CNS wasn't ready, and all warmups felt super heavy.

There certainly is an outside chance something impacted your central nervous system, but to be truthful I highly doubt this is the case.

In trying to problem solve this situation, my best advice is to not worry about what happened, but rather to analyze what you currently do, and see if it can be fixed or improved. Take a hard look at your training and diet.

Diet

--Do you know ballpark what you're eating each day, calorie-wise?
--Do you know ballpark each day what you're eating protein-wise?

^ Are you guessing at these numbers, or are you 99% certain they are relatively accurate?

--Are you certain you are eating enough healthy fats? At least 20% of your diet, perhaps up to 40% if you have a fast metabolism and need to eat a lot of daily food.
--Is your calorie and protein intake consistent day in and day out?

--Are you drinking a lot of crap sugary drinks like sodas or energy drinks?
--Do you overeat junk food?
--Do you drink enough water?

--Have you ever taken a week to detail your food intake so you know specifically what your intake looks like?

^ This is helpful for many. Most times when people tell me "I am eating healthy" or "I am eating enough", they are not. Or are extremely inconsistent.

Training

--Do you miss workouts?
--Are you doing too much volume and/or training too frequently?
--Has your form been looked at by seasoned lifters? Inconsistent form can create inconsistent results.

--Are you doing too much cardio?
--Do you have a very physical job that leaves you spent?

These are only example questions. You don't have to answer them here. Just bringing them up as examples.

I would look at diet first. I see far too many people eating on the low end, eating what they consider to be healthy, and undereting protein.

Once that is squared away, I would address training and see if anything can be improved.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote