View Single Post
Old 08-14-2012, 12:52 AM   #5
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
4.) Pay attention to the time under tension and select the proper weight for heavy singles. When you select your max for any given day, you must have a feel for how 70-80% is feeling. Your single for the day should not be a slow grind it out attempt unless itís a huge PR but even then you should still have solid technique. On days I set personal records I noticed the bar was really moving. John occasionally will time some of his lifters during squats and I think this is a great way to autoregulate if you have a training partner. If your partner notices your squats with 80% are faster than normal then it may be a good day to attempt a personal record.
Matt Delaney

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote