View Single Post
Old 08-13-2012, 09:44 AM   #2
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

My initial thoughts follow. Please feel free to chime in.

Quote:
My main concern is the limited rest between heavy sets. I know C&P likes this, but always remember you never want to start a heavy rep feeling less than ready. You are training for strength. My honest opinion is save the limited rest for assistance work.

Jamie Lewis is one of the few people that advocate it, because it's dangerous. You never do a heavy rep when you're not ready, nor when you are fatigued and not close to 100%. As you get stronger it can lead to risk of injury.

Heavy lifts - your percentages are too high on some of the volume. You're out of the Prilepin comfort zone. You are better off doing fewer reps, and then doing reasonable drop work.

Behind the neck press - I would avoid heavy singles and doubles. Many experienced lifters will tell you how they take a toll, and might start to take away from benching. Stick with 3 to 5 reps.

Chest accessory - Drop it. You already have a press heavy week. Back can take frequent beatings. With chest it's not necessary. You're better off working triceps more.

Shoulder accessory - Drop it. Too much shoulder work already.

Don't OHP the day before benching. Consider adding in weighted abs work.

Also, don't hesitate to take 3-5 days away when you feel fatigue.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

Last edited by BendtheBar; 08-13-2012 at 09:47 AM.
BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote