With apelike velocity
Max Brawn
Points: 5,468, Level: 47 Points: 5,468, Level: 47 Points: 5,468, Level: 47
Activity: 8% Activity: 8% Activity: 8%

Training Exp: 2 years
Training Type: Heavy Duty
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Steak
IronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazc View Post
Yep, I train fasted on some days if I'm fasting for 24 hours. Like you've experienced it works just fine, you feel alert and focused.

Generally I have an afternoon eating window (2-7) so I do most of my work in the morning while fasted and like you I like the feeling of grabbing a hot drink and getting straight to it.

When I 24 hour fast I tend to fast between 7-7 and that's generally when I train fasted. I'm midway through a 24 hour fast today and will be training later right about when the 24 hours is up!
I'm not doing any 24 hour fasts or anything; just IF, which is basically just skipping breakfast. Eating two big meals during the day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LtL View Post
When I train on the weekend it is usually fasted. With the carb backloading I generally have enough calories in my system from the night before to power me through coupled with my pre-WO and coffee. I generally feel better doing this than I used to eating a carb-laden breakfast.

Al
Interesting. I eat higher fats and protein though, so I find that a large meal before bed still releases energy for training the next day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
I've trained fasted for about 4.5 years now. During the week when I train I do so without having eaten for 18+ hours.

There are no energy issues for me. I actually feel better during the day because I don't have foo in my stomach slogging me down and making me feel sluggish.

Ori Hofmekler refers to this daily alertness in his book. It's been a while since I read it, but the concept was that we are wired to stay alert and focused until we secure the kill (food).
Never knew you trained fasted all the time.