View Single Post
Old 08-12-2012, 08:44 AM   #3
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

From Swede's log:

Quote:
11/8 Competition Day

First strongman competition in the books. Had a great time and allready looking forward to the next one. Finished 8th out of 23 contenders. Not great, but still good since I competed against the top lifters of sweden in this class (amateur/folk) and most of them have competed alot more.

Events...

Farmers Walk
I was drawn to go 1st together with another guy, and it sucked. Weight was 80kg per hand and for max distance. I got it 77.5m (have done 80m in training)

Kettlebell Hold
Basicly they tied me to a pole with a belt and had me hold a 18kg KB on straight arms for max time. 46.5s for a PB.

Tireflip for time
I got 8 flips in 32.2s with a 260kg tire for a PB.

Log Clean and Press

Here I made a misstake. You only had 3 lifts and I put my startweight to 80kg to safe points. Next i chose 90 and 100kg o nmy last (previous 1rm). Today 100kg was butter and I should have made 110kg easy if I had a 4th. Lesson learned.

Medly
Pick up and carry a 70kg sack, run 15m and load it on a sled, run back and pick up another one, load it, then drag the sucker backwards to start position. I did it in 37s.

Got vids of the whole thing and they will be up in a couple of days.

Good competition, free chokolade, energydrinks n fruit availible and a couple of hundred in the audience. Great experience. Back to the gym next week to get bigger, faster and STRONGER.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote