View Single Post
Old 08-11-2012, 10:48 AM   #4
kitarpyar
Max Brawn
Points: 23,931, Level: 94 Points: 23,931, Level: 94 Points: 23,931, Level: 94
Activity: 50% Activity: 50% Activity: 50%

Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
kitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master member

All I can think of, is at these weights, it probably makes sense to chuck out the percentages. For the lack of a better expression, the "feel" of 90% for a 685 lbs max would be considerably different than for a 385 lbs max. At least that's what common sense tells me. So, as you approach the rarefied strength levels, may be its time to chuck out %ages.

Also, I find Chaos and Pain's approach interesting. He is a big time advocate of hard work, but pays a lot of respect to the deads. Once read in his posts that after you start pulling big numbers regularly on the deads, heavy pulling every week can be a back wrecker. Therefore, the idea was to cut the deadlifting frequency, add in rack pulls and increase the squatting volume.
kitarpyar is offline   Reply With Quote