View Single Post
Old 02-09-2010, 11:55 AM   #12
nighttrain
Max Brawn
Points: 10,795, Level: 68 Points: 10,795, Level: 68 Points: 10,795, Level: 68
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Exp: 20+
nighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwys61 View Post
too funny, but true rick. The key is to alternate squatting movements. Another thing that can be a major contributor is what you have done the day or 2 before. If I bench or shoulder press heavy a day or 2 before squatting, I usually feel this strain.

I like a closer grip on the squat, but go extra wide for shoulder reasons. I will even use a 45 degree false grip to help with wrist and shoulder strain.

Also, play around with placement on the back. I feel more strain the lower the bar is placed. You could possibly place the bar a tad bit higher to counter the downward pull on the delt.
that is when i really feel the strain, but the bar feels so much better there than on my traps