I am a VIKING!
Max Brawn
Points: 10,591, Level: 68 Points: 10,591, Level: 68 Points: 10,591, Level: 68
Activity: 13% Activity: 13% Activity: 13%

Training Exp: A few
Training Type: SFW!
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: T-Bomb II
Trevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by austin.j.taylor View Post
One of the major reasons we wont see powerlifting is due to the amount of participants that division would have. Imagine 10 athletes for every weight class on the male and female side. Thats a huge influx of olympic competitors and I think 10 would be a very low number for most countries, let alone total.
If they picked 1 governing body (most likely the IPF) and used their world or even continental championships as the qualifier (like weightlifting) that would be alleviated.

As for sports that can be eliminated, I immediately nominate "equestian" as the animals are the athletes. I would also nominate the walking events.

I too would love to see strongman but agree that it would end up being the retarded crossfit hybrid that seems to be taking off in popularity if it was in. The other problem with strongman is which strongman events would they use. A 2 or 3 lift limit would have to be in place for the sake of getting any TV time, which would be pretty lame considering most silver level NAS shows have 5 events.
Trevor Lane is offline   Reply With Quote