Soldier
Max Brawn
Points: 14,594, Level: 78 Points: 14,594, Level: 78 Points: 14,594, Level: 78
Activity: 89% Activity: 89% Activity: 89%

Training Exp: On and off for 17 years.
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Bosu kickback pistols
Fav Supp: Crack on a trisket
Soldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite member

So like i said, today we did lower body. I did higher rep bodybuilder squats with a high bar hold and my feet shoulder width apart, which is very different from my normal low bar, super wide stance squat. I enjoyed it, but i'm already feeling it in my thighs.

Squats-
45x8
135x8
185x8
225x8
225x8
225x8

At this point i stripped the bar to 135 and did a set of paused, explosive squats, focussing on speed. After 8 i was totally exhausted and called it a day on squats.

Good mornings-
95x20
95x20

Leg press-
55/legx40+
55/legx40+

They have the weird leg press where each leg is independant. I hate them, because they're trying to take stability out of the movement to make it more like freeweights, but the leg press will NEVER be a freeweight movement, so all they are doing is minimizung the force you can produce. I miss my good ol' sled leg press, but this will work for now as a high rep finisher.

Overall this was a good session, especially as a follow up to the good run we did this morning. I'll definitely be feeling my legs for a couple days. Hopefully upper body again tomorrow, if the Army doesnt have something more "important" for me to do instead.
Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote