Soldier
Max Brawn
Points: 14,594, Level: 78 Points: 14,594, Level: 78 Points: 14,594, Level: 78
Activity: 89% Activity: 89% Activity: 89%

Training Exp: On and off for 17 years.
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Bosu kickback pistols
Fav Supp: Crack on a trisket
Soldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master member

So like i said, today we did lower body. I did higher rep bodybuilder squats with a high bar hold and my feet shoulder width apart, which is very different from my normal low bar, super wide stance squat. I enjoyed it, but i'm already feeling it in my thighs.

Squats-
45x8
135x8
185x8
225x8
225x8
225x8

At this point i stripped the bar to 135 and did a set of paused, explosive squats, focussing on speed. After 8 i was totally exhausted and called it a day on squats.

Good mornings-
95x20
95x20

Leg press-
55/legx40+
55/legx40+

They have the weird leg press where each leg is independant. I hate them, because they're trying to take stability out of the movement to make it more like freeweights, but the leg press will NEVER be a freeweight movement, so all they are doing is minimizung the force you can produce. I miss my good ol' sled leg press, but this will work for now as a high rep finisher.

Overall this was a good session, especially as a follow up to the good run we did this morning. I'll definitely be feeling my legs for a couple days. Hopefully upper body again tomorrow, if the Army doesnt have something more "important" for me to do instead.
Soldier is online now   Reply With Quote