Soldier
Max Brawn
Points: 14,594, Level: 78 Points: 14,594, Level: 78 Points: 14,594, Level: 78
Activity: 89% Activity: 89% Activity: 89%

Training Exp: On and off for 17 years.
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Bosu kickback pistols
Fav Supp: Crack on a trisket
Soldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite member

It used to be a lot easier to keep a log going, lol. Now my time is all used up with my training, whether it be physical or mental. Monday we got in a very solid upper body workout with some heavy bench, chest supported rows and overhead Y presses. I'm really proud of one of the guys who's been training with me. He started just a couple months ago, barely benching 135. Monday he got 205, at a bodyweight of 155lb! Luckily me and my powerlifting buddy have been here to push him and give him a good program, and his results are phenominal! Along with the other newbs with whom we train, he's inspired me to keep pushing myself as well.

He also told me as we approached the chest supported row machine "Hell yeah, i've been waiting for this. This is my favorite thing!" I've pushed and pushed that a huge, thick back is the key to looking strong, and also pushed that a strong back will help his bench by allowing him to keep his chest out and shoulders pinned back through the movement. I also told him today that pushing himself on squats and lower body will help his bench too. When he asked why i said "i've told you, heavy lifting releases testosterone that makes u bigger everywhere!" To which he replied "Thats all you have to say to me," then proceeded to push himself on squats until he got light headed. It's so incredibly cool to have someone actually LISTEN when i try to help them, and i feel that his progress validates many of the ideas i picked up places like here and t-nation.
Soldier is online now   Reply With Quote