Fat, Pale, Weak
Max Brawn
Points: 3,277, Level: 35 Points: 3,277, Level: 35 Points: 3,277, Level: 35
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Exp: 4
Training Type: Strongman
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Beer
austin.j.taylor is a lifting machineaustin.j.taylor is a lifting machineaustin.j.taylor is a lifting machineaustin.j.taylor is a lifting machineaustin.j.taylor is a lifting machineaustin.j.taylor is a lifting machineaustin.j.taylor is a lifting machineaustin.j.taylor is a lifting machineaustin.j.taylor is a lifting machineaustin.j.taylor is a lifting machineaustin.j.taylor is a lifting machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazc View Post
I think Strongman has a much better chance of getting into the Olympics. At least in the UK, the Olympics have already authorised their name to be used as part of a series of 'Olympic Strongman' competitions lined up for the next year. So that's a big boon for them and a very positive nod in that direction. We may even see Strongman as a guest sport in the next Olympics if this is any indication.

Bodybuilding as well is sufficiently different to warrant inclusion, in my opinion.
Strongman wont get in for one very big reason. Drug Testing. Strongman isnt tested in the states(I wish it was) at all ever. You will see a bastard/crossfit style of strongman in the games long before actual strongman was ever allowed.

The only chance powerlifting has is the usapl/ipf, that is mostly due to their fairly strong testing program.

One of the major reasons we wont see powerlifting is due to the amount of participants that division would have. Imagine 10 athletes for every weight class on the male and female side. Thats a huge influx of olympic competitors and I think 10 would be a very low number for most countries, let alone total.
Deadlift: 473
Push Press: 235X3
Clean and Strict Press: 175X3
12 inch Log Press: 250
Yoke: 650X18.5'
Atlas Stone: 300 over 48" bar
Hummer Tire Dead: 500X3
18" Deadlift: 550
Many more PR's to come
Youtube user name: Coachlefty
austin.j.taylor is offline   Reply With Quote