View Single Post
Old 08-08-2012, 10:38 AM   #10
Fazc
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 12+ years
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Bench Press
Fav Supp: Chicken
Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitarpyar View Post
Maybe, that is the case. But if we can have different styles of swimming like butterfly, freestyle etc as separate events; if we can have different types of contact sports (wrestling, judo, boxing) as separate events, why not have different types of barbell sports too?
I liked your post Kit I would love to see Powerlifting in the Olympics and as you rightfully say there are many different swimming and contact disciplines so why not for strength sports too. However I think the popularity and history of those sports also has something to do with it.

Quote:
But then, gymnastics are just as subjective, so maybe this isnt much of an argument after all.
Yes I think Bodybuilding has a good chance, it's a sport judged on style like gymnastics rather than on more tangible factors like weightlifting. The drug factor would make a difference though. But hey why would that even be any different? Hulk up in the off-season and move to less detectable compounds pre-Olympics.
Fazc is offline   Reply With Quote