View Single Post
Old 08-08-2012, 08:06 AM   #7
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Regarding our sport as an Olympic sport, there are some questions that we each need to ask, I guess. Ones I don't have the answers to yet.

By supporting the smaller feds are we encouraging the fragmentation of our sport?

Are the smaller feds necessary? Do they fill needs the bigger feds don't, and that the bigger feds should listen too?

Has the competition side of the sport been minimized over the years because of the reality that very few of us at meets have others in our weight class to match up against? Is this good for the sport?

Is it good for the sport to hold meets in hotel conference rooms, etc.? Does this really honor the sport/is it good for the sport?

Is the sport going the way of the IFBB, where it's bigger (lifts) is better at any cost. I guess this is directed at training gear. Is gear good for the sport?

Please don't jump on me for any of these questions. I am not stating my opinion by posting them, but rather asking powerlifters for their opinions.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote