View Single Post
Old 02-09-2010, 09:15 AM   #1
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!
Default Biceps./Shoulder Strains From Squats

I have been in a constant the battle this last year with my squat max. I can move 405 for reps, and max around 450 to 470 right now. But if I try to do reps with 430-450+ (high box squats, heavy singles, whatever) I end up straining my shoulder and biceps. It's not a brutal strain, but it does concern me that I might injure it worse in the future.

This is a catch-22 for me. I want to keep pushing more weight on squats, but when I train hard I strain the same area every time. Should I keep pushing through these minor strains and allow my body to adapt and strengthen? Or should I back off?

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links