View Single Post
Old 08-07-2012, 06:09 AM   #3
5kgLifter
Kettlebells' Angel !!!!
Max Brawn
Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%

Training Type: Other
5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwood View Post
So my birthday is coming up in only a couple weeks. My girlfriend keeps asking me what she should get me. I am having trouble coming up with something. So I am looking for ideas in the 50-100 dollar range.

My thoughts right now are a weighted vest or maybe a kettlebell. The only problem with KBs is there are very expensive, so I would basically have to pick one size right now.

Ideas are needed. If you could get one thing related to lifting in the 100 dollar range right now, what would it be?
With a KB, you'd also have to try it out for *size and work out ahead of time what you intended using it for because that would determine the weight selection, to some degree; as well, of course, as working out how strong you are in relation to the KB you decide to select also in relation to the exercise in question. For example, you wouldn't select the same size KB for a press or TGU as you might for swings and such; add your strength in to the equation and it can get complex as to which size to select unless you've already trialled one.

*size: there are so many different varieties of manufacture and each has its own problem, competition standard KBs, however, are okay for everyone; the last thing you'd want is to accidently invest in a wrist-breaker, as they're aptly named.

Weighted vest sounds good, as does a Slingshot or Ram.

Have you considered what you may get the most use out of or what you intend using it for, in order to work out what you'd prefer as a gift?