View Single Post
Old 08-06-2012, 07:05 PM   #10
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaneybear View Post
Thanks for all your responses, now in relation to your questions,

1/ I've been dieting about 10 weeks now, at the same time upping my cardio alot as well.
2/ i was probably eating around 1250 calls a day, max. I didn't really keep count of calls as such. I tried to cut down on carbs alot, especially after midday after my workout.
3/ i'd also upped my protein intake to about 200g of protein a day.
4/ Yep, also i started eating 5 smaller meals daily
5/ I went from my low reps usually 6 reps to around 10 -12.

and my goals, to lose a little bit more fat, to get to around 10% body fat, and then start building again, then getting to probably around 92kg but keeping my body fat at 10%... Well that's the goal, but i'm without a doubt dedicated and determined enough to get there, despite my age and inexperience! Which is why i appreciate any comments and help from you guys lifting for all those years.

Thanks again, Shaney
Hi Shaney,

To improve results next time eat more. 1250 is way too few calories. This is starvation, and not healthy is any way. You should be able to lose fat on 2000-2500 depending on age, metabolism, etc. You were eating nearly half that.

Also, never change training styles when cutting. You want to continue to push hard and heavy.

Between these two suggestions you should lose far less strength next time you try cutting, or perhaps lose none at all.

It will come back quickly now should you're eating return to normal.

Let us know if we can help in any other way.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote