View Single Post
Old 08-06-2012, 02:54 PM   #4
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaneybear View Post
Hey guys and gals,
Welcome to the forum.

Quote:
So here it is, I'm 18 years old (and i know what you older guys are thinking "Oh not again some punk kid wanting to get big lalala) But i promise you i'm not one of those fratboys you see wondering around the gym. I've been lifting about 3 years and have put on a good amount of weight.
We don't care about age, sex, goal or planet, Just results.

Quote:
I love doing the low reps usually I go for 6 reps on most of my muscle groups and managed to get pretty far. For example a few months ago when it came to chest i was doing sets of 100kg Benchpress (225 for you Americans thinking in poundage) for 6 reps, 4 sets.
Good level. Solid strength.

Quote:
Then i descided i wanted to cut, as i've always just been bulk! I'm 6ft1" and was about 92kg, with this cut i've reached 87kg but it's come with a big loss...

Today i did chest, and could manage about 90kg for 6reps, 4sets.
You lost 25 pounds of strength while losing "only" 12 pounds of bodyweight. Let's figure out if anything could have been improved.

So my questions are:

1) How long were you dieting to lose this?
2) How many cals did you eat each day during the cut?
3) How many grams of protein did you eat each day during the cut?
4) Did you change meal frequency during the cut?
5) Did you use the same weight training program during the cut, or did you change and go lighter/easier/different?

And most importantly:

5) What are your long term goals? To build muscle, look good (stay lean) and keep a fair amount of strength? Or other?

Once we get the answers to these questions, we can figure out if something is broken.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote