View Single Post
Old 08-06-2012, 09:51 AM   #1
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!
Default Olympic Athletes and Fast Food

Posting for discussion...

Working in the industry, I often receive unsolicited "plea" emails from folks asking me to help them get coverage for their stories. This week I received an email from someone who was very upset about Olympic athletes shilling fast food:

Junk Food OlympiAds: Athletes Fuel Games? Fast-Food Assault

Quote:
Hurdler LoLo Jones would love for you to bite into a Big Mac. And wrestler Henry Cejudo would be thrilled if you’d wash that down with an ice-cold soda. It’s what they do all the time – or so they make you think. On the Olympics page of Coca-Cola’s website, amputee Paralympic swimmer Jessica Long appears in her swimming suit, hair wet, holding — you guessed it — a soda. She apparently doesn’t even have time to towel off after a tough workout or a race before grabbing a bottle of the high-calorie, high-sugar fizzy beverage to recover.

“They’re giving people mixed messages,” says Claire Kennedy, MS, RD, a licensed dietitian nutritionist at Tufts Health Center in Boston. “The worst thing you can do when you’re coming in from a swim or a run is to grab a Coke.”
So, the question is...do you find this to be a big issue, or no big whoop?

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links