King of The Cowboys
Max Brawn
Points: 5,489, Level: 47 Points: 5,489, Level: 47 Points: 5,489, Level: 47
Activity: 12% Activity: 12% Activity: 12%

Training Exp: 2 Years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Food
WilldBill88 is a lifting beastWilldBill88 is a lifting beastWilldBill88 is a lifting beastWilldBill88 is a lifting beastWilldBill88 is a lifting beastWilldBill88 is a lifting beastWilldBill88 is a lifting beastWilldBill88 is a lifting beastWilldBill88 is a lifting beastWilldBill88 is a lifting beastWilldBill88 is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
I wouldn't back pedal. Get in the habit of stopping sets when your reps start to feel floppy. I never perform sloppy reps.

I seen several men over the years get in patterns of deloading or cycling down on weight every time they have an off day. This usually leads down a slippery slope.

Over the years 1 out of 4 of my workouts were simply sub-par. Regardless of the outcome, we need to continue to focus on the things we can control, meaning the effort, improving form, nutrition, etc. If we do this, results will come in the long run.

I doubt that's the case. With that said, if you start to feel beat up, take a week off. It's ok to lick your wounds every now and then.

How's your diet and nutrition been lately?

I hate to jump in your log and give you unsolicited advice. I just don't want to see you hit that cycle of back pedaling when an off day happens.
BtB, I appreciate all constructive feedback! I dont believe I'm getting sloppy on my form, but squats for an example. I can lift 200lbs but, I dont quite have the strength or maybe endurance to complete 3 sets of 5 reps, yet. If I don't think I can make the next rep I'll just rack the weight. But, I dont want to over-due it you know?

As far as my diet goes, I feel I eat fairly healthy and try to eat alot! Yesterday looked like...

Breakefest:
-2 eggs scrambled
-1 frozen waffel with butter and syrup
-1 bowl of Corn Flakes
-Glass of milk and or orange juice

Mid-Morning Snack:
-Nutri-Grain bar
-Gatorade

Lunch:
-Tuna Sandwich
-Potato salad
-grapes
-Graham crackers and chocolate fudge
-Glass of milk

Dinner:
-Steak
-Potatoes and gravy
-Bread and butter
-Carrots (cooked)
-Glass of milk

Mid-evening snack
-English Muffin, one half peanut butter and the other half honey
-More milk

Starting tomorrow with Workout B, shooting for a 235 deadlift.
Sponsored Links