Kuytrider
Max Brawn
Points: 8,127, Level: 60 Points: 8,127, Level: 60 Points: 8,127, Level: 60
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Training Exp: 4
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: Protein Powder
Kuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LtL View Post
I got to agree with Faz here. Too much posturing and posing on the Internet. Hitting a PB in your gym, with your music, your weights, when you feel like it is NOT the same as doing it under competition conditions. If you're not getting on the platform, you're pretending.

LtL
I don't seek to be confrontational in any way, shape or form (and I respect your lifting a hell of a lot) but do you mean to say that everyone who hasn't competed is a pretender? If so, that would mean the like of me who tries to improve patiently each day is only a pretender and that is not something I can agree with. I think anyone who lifts to better their strength/physique/health deserves respect and they have mine.

(While I hope to compete one day for the experience, I do admit it will be some time off.)

Just looking for clarification

I certainly see where Fazc is coming from and I would say I am a trainee and definitely not a powerlifter. Guys like him and LtL, Steve and dozens more on here do give up time, effort and $ to do what they love and have my respect. It takes courage to go up to that platform and I hope one day to experience it like I said.

And well said Steve. I can only imagine the differences between a gym lift and a comp one. Pressure is high and you don't get much time to make adjustments. As was said before on here: In the gym you lift on your time, in a comp you lift on everyone elses.

Getting it done one session at a time.
Kuytrider is offline   Reply With Quote