View Single Post
Old 08-02-2012, 04:22 PM   #5339
LtL
SHFW
Max Brawn
Points: 36,892, Level: 100 Points: 36,892, Level: 100 Points: 36,892, Level: 100
Activity: 17% Activity: 17% Activity: 17%

Training Exp: 5 years
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Deadlifts
Fav Supp: Endurance BCAA
LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!

DYNAMIC EFFORT SQUAT/DL

30minute walk to the gym

Speed front squats
12" box against light bands
Bar for 3 sets
Add bands
Bar for 2 sets of 2
60kgs for 2 sets of 2
80kgs for 2 sets of 2
Working sets
95kgs for 2 sets of 2
Too slow so dropped to
85kgs for 10 sets of 2

Conventional speed pulls
1 plate deficit and doubled light band
60kgs for 3 singles
100kgs for 2 singles
Working sets
130kgs for 10 singles

RDLs
100kgs for 3 sets of 10

Spread eagle sit-ups
20kgs for 3 sets of 15

FIN

Good session tonight. Did front speed work tonight and damn it was hard. Had to drop the weight to keep the speed up. After 4 sets I only wanted to do 6, so I did 8 and then 2 more for good measure. All sets were horrible but form got better. Very hard on the upper quads and upper back.

Speed pulls went really well. Dipped a little lower at the start as per Steve's advice and it made the whole pull cleaner. Hopefully I'm onto something.

RDLs were brutal. Not least because I had Pete shouting at me the whole way through to keep my form tight and to slow the reps down. Very hard on the glutes, hams and back.

Finished with spread eagle sit-ups which are fast becoming a favourite.

First session on Volatile tonight. Need to work on dosage and timing but focus and pump were solid and no jitters. Feeling like I will sleep well too which will be a bonus over all other preWOs

Will do a little session at the work gym tomorrow and then dynamic bench at the weekend.

LtL
LtL is offline   Reply With Quote