Thread: Too young?
View Single Post
Old 08-01-2012, 09:57 AM   #6
Off Road
Max Brawn
Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!

I think BtB is right on the money. And thanks to Markie for the call-out. Training my son was a blast and probably the best bonding experience we've ever had. He's 11 years old now and he's a lot stronger than he was just 8 months ago. He just finished pre-season conditioning and is currently in tryouts. His coaches have all told me, "He looks good, really good." So mission accomplished. My basic philosophy was to make him "earn" the right to lift weights. He had to reach a certain amount of reps in the body squat before I let him do goblet squats. Then he had to reach a certain weight for reps before I let him use the Trap Bar. It was a great motivator and ensured he was resdy for the progression. Good luck with training your own kid, I know you'll enjoy the heck out of it.
Off Road is offline   Reply With Quote