Fazc
Max Brawn
Points: 14,403, Level: 77 Points: 14,403, Level: 77 Points: 14,403, Level: 77
Activity: 36% Activity: 36% Activity: 36%

Training Exp: 12+ years
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Bench Press
Fav Supp: Chicken
Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flow View Post
i donīt get the sentence in bold. You mean that its not a good idea to move away from templates but then you state that the greats just have a rough idea (so no "programm" in that sense) what to do and change things around by feel.
I said 'you want to move away from templates and routines'. No 'program' is correct, to a certain point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flow View Post
Could you clarify this and give a example of this self coaching day on a H/L frame? I think you need to develop a "clear" inner voice here which is the main challenge and can be blurred by many factors.
Sure, let's take two examples. The first of a general strength trainee who chooses to get stronger in the basic exercises with little variation. His plan is to complete Squats, Benches and Rows on this day as he does 3 full body's a week and this is one of them. On the day he is feeling a little sore in the hamstrings and lower back as he worked SLDL very hard a few days ago. So his planned 6 triples on the Squat is looking daunting. Especially considering he smoked a very nice PR in them just a week ago and every rep was on the bone. So instead of triples he decides to drop down to sets of 10. He completes 3 sets of 10. He uses less weight than his triples, sets a new PR on the 10's while still managing to work Squats. Next week he goes back to triples and completes more PRs.

Another example is of a powerlifter who has his intent of the day. He knows he must Bench but he also know's he is deficient in triceps. So he begins with 9 sets of triples for speed work in the Bench. After that he must pick an exercise for the triceps. He feels pretty good so he chooses heavy board lockouts for triples. He smokes these. If he didn't feel too good he might go with something lighter. Or if his chest felt great but triceps were beat up he may go full range CGBP.

The possibilities are endless I'm sure you know what I mean by now.
Fazc is offline   Reply With Quote