Old 07-31-2012, 08:10 AM   #5
JTurner
Max Brawn
Points: 7,933, Level: 59 Points: 7,933, Level: 59 Points: 7,933, Level: 59
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Exp: 2+ Years
Fav Exercise: BTNPP
Fav Supp: Beef
JTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by LtL View Post
I noticed the other day that you wear your belt REALLY high. Maybe you bruised something intercostal...

LtL
Good shout, moved belt position up a month ago, definitely puts some pressure on the ribs. Need to move it down a couple inches off the ribs and put up with the belly nip I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
I've had that happen on my knee before. Hopefully it was just stuff moving around stuff that wasn't supposed to move around stuff, and that stuff is ok.

Let us know how it feels today.
Painful today, can feel it constantly and anything that puts pressure on my torso especially bracing to pick something up or just pressing on the ribs is really painful. Some bruising coming through it looks like too. Will see how far I can go with benching but I think it will be light and going through the motions if anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazc View Post
Last time I did partials I also found some torso pain, mostly centered around the ribs. I just put it down to my supporting strength. Since then I've been doing a tonne of ab and lower back specific work (GMs/RDLs). Yesterday when I did the same style of partials again the limiting factor wasn't the torso.

I'm guessing ab and specific lower back work isn't a big part of your programme?
Always get some abs in on lower days but dropped side bends in the last couple months which I've always thought have helped (laziness with spinlocks in garage). As for lower back, ye you're right there, very little specific work. Think I'll drop the partials for now and run some strict RDL's.