Fazc
Max Brawn
Points: 14,403, Level: 77 Points: 14,403, Level: 77 Points: 14,403, Level: 77
Activity: 36% Activity: 36% Activity: 36%

Training Exp: 12+ years
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Bench Press
Fav Supp: Chicken
Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryano View Post
Sorry Fazc, but I don't video any lifts but comp lifts anymore. To much of a pain in the butt. I do lockout each rep, warmups, speed or heavy every time. I don't want to cheat my lockout. Most the time, if I miss a comp lift, it's at the top.
I can't wrap my head around what you're suggesting then Ryan, the only videos I've seen where guys are actually rotating out to lockout are done slower with a short pause at the top like I did in the second video. Sure it's safer on the elbows and I can rotate to lockout, but it's also slower and surely that defeats the purpose too? I also can't see how it's going to be productive to rotate your shoulders to lockout each rep on a fast set of 3.

I was under the impression speed work needs to be as ballistic as possible, more closely resembling the first video. Unless the way you do your dynamic work is a slower than what I have in my mind as to what constitutes speed work.
Fazc is offline   Reply With Quote