dundee
Brawn
Points: 272, Level: 5 Points: 272, Level: 5 Points: 272, Level: 5
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%

Training Exp: 6+ years
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: whichever is weakest
Fav Supp: food h2o protein creatine
dundee has made some good postsdundee has made some good postsdundee has made some good postsdundee has made some good postsdundee has made some good postsdundee has made some good postsdundee has made some good postsdundee has made some good postsdundee has made some good postsdundee has made some good postsdundee has made some good posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
I notice your hips tend to come up as you initiate each pull, and it leads to some lower back rounding. I see your hips driving but your head staying down. You're basically pulling with less than optimal leverages, and still making the weight look easy.

You're a strong ass deadlifter. My only advice is to really focus on standing up rather than pulling. Get that head/torso driving up.

Also, I tend to see the hips flying up on guys that roll the bar. Not everyone, but many. There is this tendency to roll and pull instead of roll and stand up.

Next time you deadlift maybe take a video of yourself with and without rolling so you can take a look and see if it's contributing somehow to the hips coming up for you.
That's what I was thinking too. I need to keep my hips down at the beginning and use my legs more. As far as rolling the bar... I've tried many times to stop doing that but I always come back to rolling b/c I feel like I get more momentum from it. I'll try to get more video of me not rolling the bar in the future. Thanks for the advice BtB!

Training log for APF-AAPF Orlando Barbell Southern States: 10/27/12
dundee is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links