Fazc
Max Brawn
Points: 14,403, Level: 77 Points: 14,403, Level: 77 Points: 14,403, Level: 77
Activity: 36% Activity: 36% Activity: 36%

Training Exp: 12+ years
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Bench Press
Fav Supp: Chicken
Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flow View Post
So setting up a template and deciding on my numbers and feel of the day if i should go heavy or light is a good compromise.
90%of the time a HLHLHL... approached always worked well. Thats why I liked to stick with it as a template.
Feeling if a weight is too heavy or too light for the day works well. But i have problems in "feeling" how much volume to do.
Flow,

Ultimately you want to move away from 'templates' and 'programs'. That is not how the greats train. They have a rough idea when they get to the gym, then when they arrive they may change things throughout the session based on how they feel. The ability to 'coach' yourself on the fly is vitally important. Being intuitive has nothing to do with HLHLHL and it is also nothing to do with being chaotic.

Let me pose this to you. Did Ed Coan print off his famous 'Deadift Routine', take it to the gym with him every day and follow it to a tee?

Or was it rather a representation which people pieced together, of what he did on average?

Please give yourself time to think about that a little, rather than answer straight away. If you can figure that out, you will be making good strides into understanding how to train yourself.
Fazc is offline   Reply With Quote