Viking Warrior
Max Brawn
Points: 9,101, Level: 64 Points: 9,101, Level: 64 Points: 9,101, Level: 64
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

Training Exp: 10 years
Training Type: 5x5
Fav Exercise: Bench Press
Fav Supp: Meat
big valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Edited, and hurry back.
Thank you. I've got the rest of my first wave to log, but time is pinchy this evening. Maybe later tonight (after hockey practice), or tomorow (after hockey practice). BtB, we used to be able to edit our own posts indefinately. What happened to that feature?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeM View Post
Nice! You are full of surprises. That's some sick squat singles, much less the leg press.

I'm really tempted by a smolov bench (press) cycle myself! You're my stalking horse, if it works for you, I feel good in trying it.

Rock on.
Thank you, Mike. We'll see how it goes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jslep View Post
nice squats val!
Thank you, jslep. They're getting up to respectable now. I should be at a PR in a couple of weeks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tannhauser View Post
I would have had enough after the squats. Nice one.
I tell you, THIS session about did me in. I was as sore as I've ever been for four days. I was careful to stretch out very thoroughly afterwards too. Maybe that had something to do with the soreness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Bogdan smells Smolov! Likey.
Well, as long as Bogdan doesn't smell LIKE Smolov, then we're fine. I've got to study some other journals, and figure out just how to morph the Smolov concept into what I'm doing now. I hate to give up heavy deads and squats. Overhead presses I could trade in for now. Anyway, its being chewed on right now. Maybe another cycle or two of the straight 531 variant.

Cancer Survivor - 7/21/10

Benchmark 5K time: 27:45 (3/5/11)

It's not the weight we move, but the people we move that matters. -- Bearded Beast of Duloc (12/31/10)
big valsalva is offline   Reply With Quote