View Single Post
Old 07-20-2012, 11:06 AM   #28
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

I notice your hips tend to come up as you initiate each pull, and it leads to some lower back rounding. I see your hips driving but your head staying down. You're basically pulling with less than optimal leverages, and still making the weight look easy.

You're a strong ass deadlifter. My only advice is to really focus on standing up rather than pulling. Get that head/torso driving up.

Also, I tend to see the hips flying up on guys that roll the bar. Not everyone, but many. There is this tendency to roll and pull instead of roll and stand up.

Next time you deadlift maybe take a video of yourself with and without rolling so you can take a look and see if it's contributing somehow to the hips coming up for you.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote