Thread: Dump the Pump?
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2010, 05:13 PM   #3
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

A lot of this theoretical and clinical stuff I don't put too much credence into.

I know plenty of people on both sides of the pump fence that are big. I've never trained for a pump. I'm a firm believer that progression and consistency trumps pretty much everything.

I can see where a focus on the pump alone would be fairly worthless for natural users. But with that said, AAS users work under different rules. They need a volume of difficult contractions to encourage gains. The pump is more valuable for AAS users.

http://muscleandbrawn.com/forums/pro...kam-files.html

For naturals, to each his own. If you want to do pump training...rock on brother. Me, I'll be over in the corner doing my low rep work that doesn't build muscle. I'm not making fun of different "pumpers"...I just find no use for it.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote