Kuytrider
Max Brawn
Points: 8,127, Level: 60 Points: 8,127, Level: 60 Points: 8,127, Level: 60
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Training Exp: 4
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: Protein Powder
Kuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master member

I thought it was grip issues after failing 4 times at 170kg for a deadlift over a 3 week spell. Then I used liquid chalk to help and 170kg went up with ease and I made 180kg within 2 weeks.

At the time of my fails, Fazc mentioned his belief about upper back weakness being linked to grip going and noted that my rows were fairly low compared to my deadlift.

This didn't seem to make sense as chalk helped me improve by 15kg but when I failed 185kg, it was my upper back that prevented me locking out thus causing me to fail as the chalk kept my hands on the bar. Everytime I have hit deadlift PRs since or went heavy, I can feel my upper back straining first. The chalk will always keep my grip but if I keep pulling, I will injure my upper back once the weight is too much. I am working on my upper back more often now and I believe my deadlifts will benefit massively.

In a nutshell, I do believe that Fazc has a very good point. Do I also get a red cross?

Getting it done one session at a time.
Kuytrider is offline   Reply With Quote