View Single Post
Old 07-17-2012, 11:26 AM   #16
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
My solution for perceived *grip weakness* is to strengthen the upper back with Partial Deads, Full Deads, Heavy Rows, Shrugs and anything else which forces your upper/mid back to work. Feel free to use straps!
I teach using straps to improve grip strength, and that you should never let grip strength hold back your upper back strength. This is not a popular opinion, so I was hesitant to spew in your thread.

Quote:
So let me ask you guys a question, what piece of gym equipment forces you to ignore this mechanism and why is that dangerous? Explain to the class, loud voice please.
No idea, el capitan. I didn't ignore the question; I just had no idea what you were referencing.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote