View Single Post
Old 07-16-2012, 10:40 AM   #7
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

As a straight raw lifter, I love my Slingshot. It gives me about 30-40 pounds of boost (about 10%ish), which is plenty of overload. It has held up well over the first year, only feeling like it has lost a hair of it's elasticity.

I think for raw lifters, it's a good choice. The Super Ram (I assume) provides more overload capabilities, and support throughout a greater range of motion.

I like having the support more at the bottom. I am strong the first three inches off the chest, as I think most raw lifters are.

Anyway, just random thoughts. I'm not sure there are any cons to either. The Ram is better quality, but more expensive. The Slingshot is still a great product.

I will say that I believe every serious trainee should own one or the other, and use it at minimum when they experience a shoulder issue or strain. The Slingshot and Ram really do make a huge difference, and save the shoulders quite a bit. I will never train without one again.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote