View Single Post
Old 07-14-2012, 04:55 AM   #3
LtL
SHFW
Max Brawn
Points: 36,892, Level: 100 Points: 36,892, Level: 100 Points: 36,892, Level: 100
Activity: 17% Activity: 17% Activity: 17%

Training Exp: 5 years
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Deadlifts
Fav Supp: Endurance BCAA
LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!

There is lots of information out there on Westside training. The problem is that a lot of the exercises are geared towards equipped lifting so if you choose those, you won't get much carryover to the big three.

I ran Westside raw for a year and here's what I learnt:

- Percentages on dynamic effort days need to be higher, probably up to 75/80%
- You need accommodating resistance to avoid locking out too fast on dynamic effort work.
- Do the competition lifts more often for max effort. I ended up doing them every other week.
- Box squat but do it less often.
- Learn how to do a PROPER box squat.

Other things I things I think are important for you at your strength levels:

- Do higher reps for max effort and maybe even switch to repetition effort (sets of 5/6). This will improve your technique.
- Mix up higher rep (12-20) assistance work with lower rep (5-8) work.
- Start with a low volume of assistance and build up. Gradually add sets and exercises.

Last of all I noticed kickbacks in your exercise selections above. Don't do those. They are useless. Do rolling extensions, skull crushers, Tate press, JM press, cable Pushdowns, in fact anything but kickbacks.

If you have more questions let me know.

LtL
LtL is offline   Reply With Quote