View Single Post
Old 07-11-2012, 07:35 AM   #21
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeM View Post
Awesome goal! I'm sure you can do it! Good luck!

And not wanting to sound like a cheerleader, my analytical side tells me, your bench press is going to have pull it's weight in this goal. What do you think you have to hit there to make this work? Just asking. I know you will do it, just curious what you are thinking long term.
Bench is the big key. I was just thinking about this last night. I think I can get to the following in 2013:

--Squat 650
--Deadlift 750

With a 425 bench that gives me an 1825 total. For me to have a reasonable shot at 2000 I really think my bench has to come close to 500. With how well my squat and deadlifts are going I am very confident by age 46-47 I can get to:

--Squat 700
--Deadlift 800

Bench...well, I'm almost 45 years old. Adding 20 pounds per year just isn't a fast enough bench increase. I need a couple years with 40 pound bumps is this is going to happen.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links